HOW TO GET CLEAN WATER?
Water is essential to life, and it is a blessing to find that water is available in abundance. However, there are certain regions in the world where water scarcity has made life difficult. People of such places have a better sense of conserving water than the ones who live in water blessed areas.
It is a common human trait not to value when things are for free. It is the duty of each citizen of India they contribute to providing clean water to the community as a whole.
Now, how are you going to contribute? Just thinking about it is not enough! You have got to take action for that.
START TO SAVE WATER
When you get down to saving water, you may not necessarily be keeping the water clean. Still, you are going to save the quantity of water used which will prevent water pumping and water transporting over long distances. So, start by taking the baby step of preserving water in your daily use. Each of us, if dedicated, can achieve a big deal of clean water initiative.
Hence, it is the joint effort that may yield some results.
The next thing that may be done is to enhance the production and distribution of the water filter and also buy a water purifier. Know about buying water purifier more in the attached blog. The water that is available in the crude state may not be fit for drinking. While can use it for industrial purpose, drinking would lead to some issues in health.
So, what is the solution?
In such scenarios, we must have water filters. Water filters are of many kinds. From household to the ones that are used in the chemical processor, there are plenty. The industry of water filters has been increasing ever since its inception. Therefore, we see that experiment and innovation level is also high.
But we often see that these filters are not provided in areas where it is most needed, and people have to deal with dirty water that only makes them sick. Clean Water Tank needs to be installed to have a flow of clean water.
The issue of clean water is not just related to scarcity. Due to overconsumption, population density and improper channeling of water, many cities in the Northern plains are also affected, and we see that in Delhi there is a huge scarcity of water. Pressure on the supply of water also affects the quality of water available in some or the other way.
Fund allocation is an area where a lot of scopes are there for clean water. While public fund through taxes must be allocated in the right way, the voluntary contribution from the government will also be helpful.
It is a community-led effort. No single body can bring about a change in clean water availability. NGOs have been playing an essential role in this regard. But they do need support from all other associations and organizations.
CLEAN WATER PROJECTS
These projects have got to be undertaken on a broader basis so that many people can come together and work over clean water availability.
SPONSORED WATER FILTERS
If we are talking about clean water, then water filters are the very first thing that we have got to look for. So the idea must be to allot more and more filters in areas where clean waters are not available.
In all the regions, people may not be able to afford the filters. Collected finances will be instrumental in getting the job done and allocation of filters in each house.
ISSUES YET TO BE SOLVED
Some situations are, however, to be addressed. Let us take a look at a look at the problems that still have not got solved:
• One out four health care centers do not have the necessary clean water facilities.
• 3 out of 10 people do not have access to safely managed water.
• Yet, there are about 892 million of people who do open defecation. Having a water channel is essential for development in this direction.
• The water that is extracted from water bodies are used in irrigation. It is either not safe for drinking naturally or is not processed well to be fit for drinking.
• The number of children dying out of diarrhoea is ever-increasing, and no relief is seen in this area.
• The governing bodies can’t make up for every crisis that arises. Fault in the management cannot be denied. Yet, the will to help the governing bodies must be there in public too. And it is only after this that one can achieve clean water for all.
• Globally speaking, there is a total of 40% of the population facing water scarcity. With the growing density of the people, this problem is going to rise.
• When we are talking about water, it is essential to mention in brief that a lot of people in India do not have restrooms and toilets. The numbers of bathrooms have increased in the past few years, but it has not risen to the level of achieving a zero defecation rate.
• Clean water achievement may become a myth if the industrial discharge is not brought under check.
CLEAN WATER – CONCLUDING
So, to sum up, we can say that water filters, water pumps, individual and collective efforts and water tanks are a few things that are required for clean water.
Working in this direction will be comfortable when there is support from the local communities.
If you are thinking to work constructively in this endeavor, then you may need more information about tanks, pumps, purifiers and filters.
WaterBug is a reliable place to gather all this information from.